IkutoMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IkutoMS Forum

The new forum for IkutoMS.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fight between Nexon and private servers

Go down 
+6
Raigekisai
Angelica
jayyed
Jordan
Frozenheart
gerudolock
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelica
Angelica

Mesos : 7959
Props : -1
Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:14 pm

lmao, back on topic
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

Mesos : 6118
Props : 4

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:57 am

Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:
Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:

But on the grounds of "what they don't know won't hurt them", as long as they don't find us, we are safe. Downloading music on Limewire or any other P2P program is illegal too, but it's usually where everyone gets their music to fill their ipods / mp3 players. Although the word "illegal" is scary, it's to what degree on how bad the offense is. Downloading music and private servers are violations of copyright law, which is illegal, but not cops-come-and-raid-your-house-then-throw-you-in-jail offense. The way it appears is that all nexon does is shut down the server. While I've never personally seen what they do as far as punishment goes, the worst they can do is fine someone. I need to see for sure though, but to my knowledge, i think they just shut down the server and deliver a warning. So, if that's all they do on the first offense, then it's worth pushing the limit once and seeing where it takes you...At least in my opinion.

Which is why I added the last bit about being on a mutual level between private servers and Nexon. It goes without saying that you can prolong your violation by hiding out as you can with any other operation ranging from a silly minor theft offense to something more extreme such as murder. I never claimed that they'll take any action they can to knock your case down.

I know, but everyone has to assume they will. That's just what big-wig companies do when they feel they are wronged. Plus, if the story in the beginning of the topic is true....Then it's pretty obvious that nexon takes thing seriously like that.

As I said, a company as professional as Nexon would not condone to another illegal tactic because they will get in as much trouble as the owner of a private server. All-in-all, players who participate in a private server should recognize that there is a chance that their game play will end in a matter of time.

I guess you're right, but I can't help but keep this story in the back of my mind. If it is true, Nexon isn't only a spiteful, jealous company, they wil go that length for what they think the deserve. By the way, I wasn't implying that they'd take illegal actions. I know they aren't that stupid.
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:09 am

Nexon wont let ppl have fun!!
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

Mesos : 6118
Props : 4

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:17 am

Basically. It used to be a fun game. Then they got money hungry. Now their Cash system is getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 am

Duh, too expensive
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mesos : 100005740
Props : 7

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Meh, that makes me want to shut down the server. For good.
Back to top Go down
https://ikutomsforum.forumotion.com
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:41 pm

DON'T YOU DARE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight between Nexon and private servers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2