IkutoMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IkutoMS Forum

The new forum for IkutoMS.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fight between Nexon and private servers

Go down 
+6
Raigekisai
Angelica
jayyed
Jordan
Frozenheart
gerudolock
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gerudolock
Night Lord

Mesos : 5668
Props : 0

Fight between Nexon and private servers Empty
PostSubject: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:13 pm

The latest Server i was playing was threated to be sued by Nexon. The owner of the server bailed and shut down the server. The co - owner rebuilt the server and gave it a different server name. Nexon knowing that it was the same server tried to sue the server. The co-owner now the owner was sued by nexon, after giving him a warning. The Owner had won the jury meeting and wasn't sued. The Owner went back to open up the server only to find that nexon had hacked the server and created a Lev 5 gm. The char name was Christina.

More on the topic as it continues Smile This happend in the past 24 hours

------------------------------------
The fight that has gone to far...

Last edited by gerudolock on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gerudolock
Night Lord

PostSubject: Continuing the fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Gm's quickly reacted to the hacker gm. They tried banning him but to no prevail, the hacker had a higher gm status. The Hacker had muted all the gm's and put them into jail. The owner of the server has shut down the sever,deleted the char/banned the IP and begain to sue Nexon. I will keep updating you on the fight between nexon and Private servers.

----------------------------
The fight that has gone to far...
Back to top Go down
gerudolock
Night Lord

PostSubject: How the hacker became a gm   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:32 pm

This is how the hacker had became a GM.

The hacker had coded his player to start with 40 karma. His next task was to create a Npc using his Karma, he had succeed by coding the npc before he started his mission. Two minutes after creating his char he had made an npc which could allow him to become a Lev 5 GM of he gave the rest of his Karma. He had done so, So within the first five minutes of playing, the hacker ( probably Nexon) had created an acc with karma, Npc which he could make himself a Gm and had beat all the gm's

GM
GM
Frozenheart

Mesos : 6068
Props : 4

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:32 am

which private server was this finalstory?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

Mesos : 6129
Props : 5

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:44 am

No.
I beleive this was Wild-ImaginationStory.
Thats loads of bullshit.
nexon would not sue someone for "stealing" their game and then freakin go back and hack the other person who just won.
One: they would get sued
Two: The server would be restored unless the admin was a com plete douchebag and didn't have a back-up.
Back to top Go down
gerudolock
Night Lord

PostSubject: It was Pocket story   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:51 am

This server was Pocket story
The owner was Pockets
Then the co owner mike changed the title to genesis story
Mike now the Owner was sued by nexon, he won, and nexon had created a hacker Gm in the private server

------------------------------------------
The fight between nexon And Private server has gone to far..
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

Mesos : 6118

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:52 am

This seems a little too far-fetched. Perhaps it's just a rumor? I'm pretty sure nexon will still be profession and not turn so cold on that guy just because they lost the case...Although, anything is possible i guess.
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Mesos : 7959
Props : -1
Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:41 am

Nexon sucks.
Let people enjoy moderating and enjoying the game, they're using the profits from donations to improve the game, ( stupid nexon ).
It even sounds funny.
Back to top Go down
Raigekisai
GM
GM
Raigekisai

Mesos : 5584
Props : 3

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:52 am

ive heard on genesis ms but not pocketms
Back to top Go down
gerudolock
Night Lord

PostSubject: Gensis   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Genesis story was pocketstory they recently switched names..and owners

This was a true story... or was it??? Well thats what I heard P.S. i was online when this heppend.

-----------------------------
The war between nexon and private server's has gone to far

Any posts in this topic after this one is preatty much pointless...
I will continue the topic in Fight between Nexon and private servers part 2
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:10 pm

OHH YEEAAAHHH i remember Genesis.
and pocket
but i doubt he fucking had some ninja hacks
Back to top Go down
IamRicky
Night Lord
IamRicky

Mesos : 5677

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Why does nexon have to be ******s and shut down other severs when they do no harm! They arent claiming their content as their own, they arent like selling it, i dont get it

EDIT: I have a youtube account, and i am a good animator. I tried making like a Call of dutyish war like thing before seeing this thread.
Private Severs vs nexon. O_O
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Nexon is closing down p.servers because more people are coming to p.servers, and that's making them lose profit.
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Mesos : 5714

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:07 am

I apologize in advance if there's a rule against reviving a so many day old thread that I have some how looked over. However, I feel those of you need to recognize private servers as the bigger picture instead of fun and games; Private servers are an illegal operation against the Nexon hosted MapleStory. Private servers go against legal property rights through both artistic works and commercialization. By using the images and original game, even with creative assets, you have no legal right--Nexon does.

Regardless of the justification, private servers are illegal. Sure, they offer players of all sorts to have a more relaxed game play, but this effects Nexon as a whole. How they go against Nexon should be painfully obvious. By creating a private server, you are directly/indirectly recruiting possible preexisting players from the original game, which would cause the dedicated employees who worked an unbelievable amount of time on the development to lose profit. I know it sounds cliche, but yourself in their shoes.

Quote :
We have heard some claims that private servers don’t make money or ask for donations (some do), it is technically not illegal. This is incorrect. First of all, collecting donations does not automatically make a website a charity or a non-profit organization. To become a charity or have non-profit status, strict guidelines must be followed and government approval needs to be met. We doubt any of the private server sites would fall under those guideline. Therefore, a private server website accepting donations would still be classified as a commercial endeavor which is performing illegal activities. Nobody is fooled by the “donation” scam.

As for GenesisStory/PocketStory, it's a bunch of bologna. Nexon is high in its profession and requiring illegal access into another is just as accountable for a lawsuit as creating a private server. No respecting employee would dare to go against the law in such a manner. Regardless, without proof of Nexon hacking into either private server, the co-owner would find he has nothing to help win his case. However, being DMAC'd by Nexon or any other MMORPG is very real, but this plot reeks of a scam.

In conclusion, I would like to point out that I am a mutual party on this subject. I respect those who have worked incredibly hard on the original game, but MapleStory is no longer a small and tight-knit community that it once was since the expansion. It's becoming increasingly difficult for them to please every individual. They are more than capable of filling the needs of the community as a whole, but not every worker has the ability to do twenty or so tasks at once.
Back to top Go down
http://bovasso.deviantart.com
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

Mesos : 5992
Props : 1

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:36 am

Honesty wrote:
I apologize in advance if there's a rule against reviving a so many day old thread that I have some how looked over. However, I feel those of you need to recognize private servers as the bigger picture instead of fun and games; Private servers are an illegal operation against the Nexon hosted MapleStory. Private servers go against legal property rights through both artistic works and commercialization. By using the images and original game, even with creative assets, you have no legal right--Nexon does.

Regardless of the justification, private servers are illegal. Sure, they offer players of all sorts to have a more relaxed game play, but this effects Nexon as a whole. How they go against Nexon should be painfully obvious. By creating a private server, you are directly/indirectly recruiting possible preexisting players from the original game, which would cause the dedicated employees who worked an unbelievable amount of time on the development to lose profit. I know it sounds cliche, but yourself in their shoes.

Quote :
We have heard some claims that private servers don’t make money or ask for donations (some do), it is technically not illegal. This is incorrect. First of all, collecting donations does not automatically make a website a charity or a non-profit organization. To become a charity or have non-profit status, strict guidelines must be followed and government approval needs to be met. We doubt any of the private server sites would fall under those guideline. Therefore, a private server website accepting donations would still be classified as a commercial endeavor which is performing illegal activities. Nobody is fooled by the “donation” scam.

As for GenesisStory/PocketStory, it's a bunch of bologna. Nexon is high in its profession and requiring illegal access into another is just as accountable for a lawsuit as creating a private server. No respecting employee would dare to go against the law in such a manner. Regardless, without proof of Nexon hacking into either private server, the co-owner would find he has nothing to help win his case. However, being DMAC'd by Nexon or any other MMORPG is very real, but this plot reeks of a scam.

In conclusion, I would like to point out that I am a mutual party on this subject. I respect those who have worked incredibly hard on the original game, but MapleStory is no longer a small and tight-knit community that it once was since the expansion. It's becoming increasingly difficult for them to please every individual. They are more than capable of filling the needs of the community as a whole, but not every worker has the ability to do twenty or so tasks at once.

You make me feel stupid Sad
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 am

Wow ... Honesty that is a long post ...
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 am

Angelica wrote:
Wow ... Honesty that is a long post ...

I felt leaving a "it's illegal" without an explanation wouldn't convince anyone.

@ Summer: Don't! From your information, you're only twelve and I have to say, you're by far one of the most literate preteens I have yet to come across.
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 am

Honesty wrote:

Quote :

Very, very nice argument.
But on the grounds of "what they don't know won't hurt them", as long as they don't find us, we are safe. Downloading music on Limewire or any other P2P program is illegal too, but it's usually where everyone gets their music to fill their ipods / mp3 players. Although the word "illegal" is scary, it's to what degree the severity offense is that determines the punishment. Downloading music and private servers are violations of copyright law, which is illegal, but not cops-come-and-raid-your-house-then-throw-you-in-jail illegal. The way it appears is that all nexon does is shut down the server. While I've never personally seen what they do as far as punishment goes, the worst they can do is fine someone. I need to see for sure though, but to my knowledge, they just shut down the server and deliver a warning (Might need to see from someone with a real experience). So, if that's all they do on the first offense, then it's worth pushing the limit once and seeing where it takes you...At least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 am

jayyed wrote:

But on the grounds of "what they don't know won't hurt them", as long as they don't find us, we are safe. Downloading music on Limewire or any other P2P program is illegal too, but it's usually where everyone gets their music to fill their ipods / mp3 players. Although the word "illegal" is scary, it's to what degree on how bad the offense is. Downloading music and private servers are violations of copyright law, which is illegal, but not cops-come-and-raid-your-house-then-throw-you-in-jail offense. The way it appears is that all nexon does is shut down the server. While I've never personally seen what they do as far as punishment goes, the worst they can do is fine someone. I need to see for sure though, but to my knowledge, i think they just shut down the server and deliver a warning. So, if that's all they do on the first offense, then it's worth pushing the limit once and seeing where it takes you...At least in my opinion.

Which is why I added the last bit about being on a mutual level between private servers and Nexon. It goes without saying that you can prolong your violation by hiding out as you can with any other operation ranging from a silly minor theft offense to something more extreme such as murder. I never claimed that they'll take any action they can to knock your case down.

Personally, I wouldn't want to own a server if the consequences were a lawsuit and possibly face bankruptcy, but that it why I'm just a player and not a developer.
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:51 am

Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:

But on the grounds of "what they don't know won't hurt them", as long as they don't find us, we are safe. Downloading music on Limewire or any other P2P program is illegal too, but it's usually where everyone gets their music to fill their ipods / mp3 players. Although the word "illegal" is scary, it's to what degree on how bad the offense is. Downloading music and private servers are violations of copyright law, which is illegal, but not cops-come-and-raid-your-house-then-throw-you-in-jail offense. The way it appears is that all nexon does is shut down the server. While I've never personally seen what they do as far as punishment goes, the worst they can do is fine someone. I need to see for sure though, but to my knowledge, i think they just shut down the server and deliver a warning. So, if that's all they do on the first offense, then it's worth pushing the limit once and seeing where it takes you...At least in my opinion.

Which is why I added the last bit about being on a mutual level between private servers and Nexon. It goes without saying that you can prolong your violation by hiding out as you can with any other operation ranging from a silly minor theft offense to something more extreme such as murder. I never claimed that they'll take any action they can to knock your case down.

I know, but everyone has to assume they will. That's just what big-wig companies do when they feel they are wronged. Plus, if the story in the beginning of the topic is true....Then it's pretty obvious that nexon takes thing seriously like that.
Back to top Go down
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

Mesos : 5992
Props : 1

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Gawd wall of text im not reading anymore post >.> and Its illegal will convince me
Back to top Go down
Frozenheart
GM
GM
Frozenheart

Mesos : 6068

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:57 pm

lol summer Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 pm

o.O Get back on topic now
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:36 pm

jayyed wrote:
Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:

I know, but everyone has to assume they will. That's just what big-wig companies do when they feel they are wronged. Plus, if the story in the beginning of the topic is true....Then it's pretty obvious that nexon takes thing seriously like that.

As I said, a company as professional as Nexon would not condone to another illegal tactic because they will get in as much trouble as the owner of a private server. All-in-all, players who participate in a private server should recognize that there is a chance that their game play will end in a matter of time.

@ Summer: It'd be appreciated if you took a minute or two to read the wall of text rather than dismissing it completely.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 pm

jayyed wrote:
Honesty wrote:

Quote :

Very, very nice argument.
But on the grounds of "what they don't know won't hurt them", as long as they don't find us, we are safe. Downloading music on Limewire or any other P2P program is illegal too, but it's usually where everyone gets their music to fill their ipods / mp3 players. Although the word "illegal" is scary, it's to what degree the severity offense is that determines the punishment. Downloading music and private servers are violations of copyright law, which is illegal, but not cops-come-and-raid-your-house-then-throw-you-in-jail illegal. The way it appears is that all nexon does is shut down the server. While I've never personally seen what they do as far as punishment goes, the worst they can do is fine someone. I need to see for sure though, but to my knowledge, they just shut down the server and deliver a warning (Might need to see from someone with a real experience). So, if that's all they do on the first offense, then it's worth pushing the limit once and seeing where it takes you...At least in my opinion.

meh I Just want a big chatbox

see if that comes out right^^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight between Nexon and private servers   Fight between Nexon and private servers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight between Nexon and private servers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next