IkutoMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IkutoMS Forum

The new forum for IkutoMS.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Organized and orderly forums.

Go down 
+4
Angelica
Jordan
jayyed
Honesty
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are you in agreement or do you disagree?
I completely agree.
Organized and orderly forums. Vote_lcap56%Organized and orderly forums. Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I'm currently mutual/could use more persuading.
Organized and orderly forums. Vote_lcap0%Organized and orderly forums. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I highly disagree.
Organized and orderly forums. Vote_lcap44%Organized and orderly forums. Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Mesos : 5679
Props : 4

Organized and orderly forums. Empty
PostSubject: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:03 am

I have noticed that quite a bit of threads around the IkutoMS forum go off topic almost too easily and this can become frustrating to the users who are looking for an insightful opinion or a reply in general. This could be solved by applying a sticky thread which would hang above the rest to introduce the regulations to newcomers.

For example, the Non-IkutoMS forum could use restrictions such as stretching the thread pages by using excessive amounts of unnecessary text or a one-worded post could be counted as spam (a great restriction for those who are applying for either GM or moderator).

Of course, I do realize that some, if not most, threads are highly counted as spam at the current state of the forum, but it would help evolve the forum and it'd make any existing moderator's job far easier. As an addition, for those of you who think this would take the "fun" aspect away from the forums are mistaken! A forum with mild and easy-to-follow guidance would make viewing posts that much more desirable to read.
Back to top Go down
http://bovasso.deviantart.com
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

Mesos : 6083

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:49 am

Although going off topic is a big issue here, I don't think setting guidelines and re-organizing the forums will help, considering then blame is mostly on the members who get off track and post to either keep a conversation alive, keep our topics alive, keep our community alive, or just to raise their post count. We already have topics and boards that have their unwritten guidelines and pre-set topics of discussion, but we are just kind of too laid back to stay on topic constantly. So, although what you are suggesting may be a good idea, theres no guarantee that it will be effective.
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:48 pm

jayyed wrote:
Although going off topic is a big issue here, I don't think setting guidelines and re-organizing the forums will help, considering then blame is mostly on the members who get off track and post to either keep a conversation alive, keep our topics alive, keep our community alive, or just to raise their post count. We already have topics and boards that have their unwritten guidelines and pre-set topics of discussion, but we are just kind of too laid back to stay on topic constantly. So, although what you are suggesting may be a good idea, theres no guarantee that it will be effective.

The rules would be effective. By having a sticky thread in each forum on the regulations of that topic would give members no excuse to become disobedient. I cannot agree with you on the following:

Quote :
We already have topics and boards that have their unwritten guidelines and pre-set topics of discussion...

A newcomer, especially to a forum in general, would have no idea what the "unwritten" guidelines would be unless told over and over again that they have been warned for this and that. Double posting, for instance, furthers my point. It's an increasing issue on IkutoMS forums that our moderator has to warn time and time again. Although I understand that this community is small at the time and cannot expect to freeze or ban an account for a silly double post, but it is something to consider if and when the server gets too crowded.

It goes without saying that I'm requesting outrageous rules that would entirely toss fun out the window, but to have a thread to stay on topic would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

Mesos : 6094
Props : 5

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I agree.
Its useless though.
JORDAN FOR MOD---JORDAN FOR MOD
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:

The rules would be effective. By having a sticky thread in each forum on the regulations of that topic would give members no excuse to become disobedient. I cannot agree with you on the following:

Quote :
We already have topics and boards that have their unwritten guidelines and pre-set topics of discussion...

A newcomer, especially to a forum in general, would have no idea what the "unwritten" guidelines would be unless told over and over again that they have been warned for this and that. Double posting, for instance, furthers my point. It's an increasing issue on IkutoMS forums that our moderator has to warn time and time again. Although I understand that this community is small at the time and cannot expect to freeze or ban an account for a silly double post, but it is something to consider if and when the server gets too crowded.

It goes without saying that I'm requesting outrageous rules that would entirely toss fun out the window, but to have a thread to stay on topic would be nice.

On second though, "unwritten" might not have been the right choice of words. Maybe "implied"?

Anyway, as a shorter response this time, We need to establish rules, that goes without saying (although we have said it), but there will be those who don't follow it, leading to a lack of topicality, leading back to the popular "read the rules" warning post. There, we come off as strict, lose posts, lose activity, lose members, and throwing down the ban-hammer on those who don't follow make us look kind of bad and, though we look professional, we look less welcoming, and less friendly. It's not exactly outrageous, because it is tangible, but it won't make our forums much better. I can support a loose enforcement of topicality, but not strict enough to the point where we lose a large amount of posts.
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Mesos : 7924
Props : -1
Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Meh, maybe the forums do go off topic easily, that;s why I made spam thread
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:29 pm

jayyed wrote:

On second though, "unwritten" might not have been the right choice of words. Maybe "implied"?

Anyway, as a shorter response this time, We need to establish rules, that goes without saying (although we have said it), but there will be those who don't follow it, leading to a lack of topicality, leading back to the popular "read the rules" warning post. There, we come off as strict, lose posts, lose activity, lose members, and throwing down the ban-hammer on those who don't follow make us look kind of bad and, though we look professional, we look less welcoming, and less friendly. It's not exactly outrageous, because it is tangible, but it won't make our forums much better. I can support a loose enforcement of topicality, but not strict enough to the point where we lose a large amount of posts.

Once again, I disagree. For those who cannot follow simple terms shouldn't even bother posting, especially if they're trying to stir up the community--a troll for instance. As said in the previous post in the very last statement, I do not expect nor do I want strict rules, but easy to comprehend and follow regulations such as double posting. I mean, an edit button does exist for a reason. XD;

@ Angelica: Good thinking, Angelica. A spam thread would help the current smaller stance of the community until it reaches higher numbers. *nods*

@ Jordan: Mind elaborating how it is useless?
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:

Once again, I disagree. For those who cannot follow simple terms shouldn't even bother posting, especially if they're trying to stir up the community--a troll for instance. As said in the previous post in the very last statement, I do not expect nor do I want strict rules, but easy to comprehend and follow regulations such as double posting. I mean, an edit button does exist for a reason. XD;

@ Angelica: Good thinking, Angelica. A spam thread would help the current smaller stance of the community until it reaches higher numbers. *nods*

I never meant that trolls would be acceptable. I understand limits and agree with you that there does have to be a cut-off. And as long as you weren't implying strict enforcement, the idea would do us some good. Sorry if i am coming off too strong or too pushy or too argumentative. I just didn't really understand where you were coming from and wanted to progress on some points. Smile

And we do have a Spam thread already in progress on the forums. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:41 pm

SEE?? ☻4↑
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:49 am

jayyed wrote:
Honesty wrote:
jayyed wrote:

I never meant that trolls would be acceptable. I understand limits and agree with you that there does have to be a cut-off. And as long as you weren't implying strict enforcement, the idea would do us some good. Sorry if i am coming off too strong or too pushy or too argumentative. I just didn't really understand where you were coming from and wanted to progress on some points. Smile

And we do have a Spam thread already in progress on the forums. Very Happy

Oh, no. I completely understand and I do not feel you are being abrasive in the least bit. Opinions will differ in some way, shape, or form. :P

Hopefully this will be considered by the higher-ups and implemented in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

Mesos : 5957
Props : 1

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:45 am

Walls of text im not reading =\
Back to top Go down
Munch
IMS Noob
Munch

Mesos : 6122

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:47 am

Summer wrote:
Walls of text im not reading =\

I hate quote pyramids too if thats what you meant =P
Back to top Go down
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:50 am

Walls are usually a rectangle this page is a rectange walls are big this text is big
This has too much writing me no read y
Couldnt you just talk like stupidly instead of typing all that. that i might be able to simplify in like 4-6 lines
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:22 am

Honesty has to use vocab of an adult . . . it's bumming me out
Back to top Go down
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:24 am

Me too =[
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

Mesos : 6094
Props : 5

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 am

@Jayyed
It's useless
Angelica has given me several warnings and I don't stop my "spam"
Neither does she.
Maybe she could write up the rules and copypaste them in each forum section, and Sticky it?
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:34 pm

You've pushed it too far -.-. Meh gonna find how to sticky ... I all I got is move, delete, edit, lock topics
Back to top Go down
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:39 pm

I hate the Edit and deleted =[
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm

^^
Back to top Go down
Munch
IMS Noob
Munch

Mesos : 6122

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Summer its because your posts always get edited
Back to top Go down
Summer
Maple Legend
Summer

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 pm

I KNOW CRY CRY
And for other thread Push Push Push
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 pm

i dink we shood git roolz

Is that easy enough to understand? In any case, thank you, Angelica, for creating a rules thread. However, if what Jordan says is true, it's not fair to the community that a moderator can break the rules and the members cannot. ^ ^;
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Meh?

Meh don't double post O.O
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 pm

Angelica wrote:
Meh?

Meh don't double post O.O

I was speaking of spam as Jordan pointed out. @ ^@;
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Spam? Yes, meh spam sometimes. 'Tis ok for me to spam . . . sometimes . . . but most of the things I post are related to what is happening. Someone goes off topic, I kinda go with them, sometimes I regain my common sense and tell everyont to get back on topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organized and orderly forums.   Organized and orderly forums. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Organized and orderly forums.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next