IkutoMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IkutoMS Forum

The new forum for IkutoMS.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intro threads.

Go down 
+2
Honesty
Werty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Werty
Dragon Knight
Werty

Mesos : 5584
Props : 1

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Out of mere curiosity, why has my introduction thread been locked? Sure, it wasn't going to a bloom of discussion, but it was locked without reason or justification nonetheless. I'd like to receive some, if that's alright.

Thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Mesos : 5710
Props : 4

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm not quite sure myself why the introduction threads go locked. The only possible explanation I can come up with is to lower the chances of spam and unwanted posts in older introductory threads that will take the attention away from the newcomers.
Back to top Go down
http://bovasso.deviantart.com
Werty
Dragon Knight
Werty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 pm

In that case, I suppose the GM application forums need to undergo a similar process. Because you're listed on the top sites as GM app-open, people are coming to come and flood that whole board moreso than the intro board.
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 pm

That is very true. Not only that, but those same people do not bother to read the requirements and head off to another server as soon as they're rejected. This process is bringing false hope to our community.
Back to top Go down
Werty
Dragon Knight
Werty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 pm

And, of course, unncessary burden on the staff.

First of all, the requirements (20 posts + 2 weeks) need to be put as physical limitations for each member for that board, if possible. Also, they need to be more clearly laid out for new arrivalees. If they off to leave because the don't immediately have a chance for GM, chances are, we don't want them there.

But the locking of the intro threads is, for the most part in my opinion, illogical.
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:29 pm

I, too, feel by locking the Introduction threads is unnecessary. If the threads must be locked, at least give each thread a time limit of seventy-two hours so each member can give an outsider a proper greeting.

As for the requirements for the GM position, I absolutely do not like the twenty posts verses the two weeks. Two weeks plus over one hundred posts of activity shows more dedication than twenty posts with two weeks. What I am trying to say is anyone can earn up to twenty posts and leave the forums/game until their time is up. Where is the devotion in that?
Back to top Go down
Werty
Dragon Knight
Werty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Agreed. Though it can be easily seen if the member has been inactive.
Back to top Go down
jayyed
GM
GM
jayyed

Mesos : 6114

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Well, looks like you two will have to take it up with Angelica. The introduction board is her territory, and she likes to keep it organized.
The original rule implemented was that threads were locked after 10 posts, but apparently in the allotted 10 posts, spam can still flood through....
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

Mesos : 6125
Props : 5

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 pm

She locks it after she spams it up
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Mesos : 7955
Props : -1
Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 pm

What? The only things I say is. Welcome. Fllw rules and Regulations. etc. That's only one post ... Jordan ... I don't want to argue with you. Saying things that aren't true about me, most of the times
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Maple Legend
Jordan

Mesos : 6125
Props : 5

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:54 pm

MUAHAHHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Intro threads are usually locked after 10 posts because beyond that will be mostly likely off topic
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Angelica wrote:
Intro threads are usually locked after 10 posts because beyond that will be mostly likely off topic

I think this should be changed to when topics actually go off-topic instead of a post limit. This would make the community seem more welcoming as newcomers won't see a forum full of locked threads. ^ ^;
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

So ... I unlock all 34?
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy
Honesty

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Angelica wrote:
So ... I unlock all 34?

It's not necessary. It's always a good choice to keep this moderation in mind for future use, though.
Back to top Go down
Munch
IMS Noob
Munch

Mesos : 6153

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Angelica wrote:
So ... I unlock all 34?

You can unlock mine. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Munch
IMS Noob
Munch

Mesos : 6153

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:26 am

Well you offered. ._.
Back to top Go down
Angelica
Angelica

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 am

Asking a question.

Well, this thread is answered, and will be locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intro threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro threads.   Intro threads. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intro threads.
Page 1 of 1